Driver’s License Information
The fee to renew a Driver’s license is $38.25 and a duplicate license is $33.25, CDL is $38.25 to $68.25 depending on the class. License and ID cards may be renewed or duplicated Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm in the courthouse. In order to obtain a learner’s license, driver’s license, name change, or Star ID for the first time, customers must see the ALEA examiner. The ALEA examiner does not take appointments, walk-ins only.
What can I do from the courthouse?
– renew driver’s license
– change address
– renew star ID
What do I need to see the ALEA examiner for?
– issuing a new star ID
– issuing a learner’s permit for the first time (minimum age 15 years old)
– issuing a driver’s license for the first time (minimum age 16 years old)
– name change on driver’s license
– moving to Alabama from another state and needing an Alabama ID
What do I need to bring to get my star ID?
– Current driver’s license
– Birth certificate
– Social Security card
– Marriage license (for females only- because of name change)
– 2 pieces of mail with your current mailing address
Where is the ALEA examiner located?
The Annex Building
101 North Doswell Street
Abbeville, AL 36310
Hours are Wednesdays Only from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 3:00.
To contact the ALEA Examiner please call (334) 604-5407. This phone will only be answered on Wednesdays during business hours.