You can access the new Alabama Marriage Certificate form online at the Alabama Department of Public Health’s website at  There is one form for persons who are 18 years of age and older, and a second version of the form for persons who are 16 to 17 years of age and require the consent of a parent or guardian to enter into marriage.  Instructions for completing and filing the new forms are included. No other documents are required in order to file a marriage certificate with Henry County. We are located in the courthouse when you walk in on the right.

Under the new law, a wedding ceremony is optional.  You may have a ceremony, but it is no longer required for a recognized marriage in Alabama.

For further details on consent and any other questions contact our office at 334-585-3371.